Highways Agreements

commercial image


Section 278 and Section 38 Agreements

From time to time, people and companies who apply for planning permission will be required to enter into agreements with the local authority to carry out works to the highway to accommodate the new development. This can happen where the development is for a new building, or even for change of use. These highways agreements may require minor works, such as the installation of a traffic island or the construction and adoption of new public highways, and are made under Section 278 and Section 38 of the Highways Act 1980.

Lawson Lewis Blakers have specialist knowledge in relation to highways agreements with local authorities and our commercial solicitors have extensive experience in dealing with Section 278 Agreements for works and Section 38 Agreements for highways adoption.

If you are required to enter into such an agreement and would like assistance please do not hesitate to contact us.



richard v1
Richard Palmer

Lawyers For Life

Lawson Lewis Blakers are able to offer specialist advice..


Out Of Hours

There are appointments out of hours available if you need them, please ask when you speak to the secretary or your lawyer.